Tuesday, July 25, 2006

One Month Overdue

A young husband comes home one night, and his wife throws
her arms a round his neck: "Darling, I have a great news:
I'm a month overdue. I think we're going to have a baby!
The doctor gave me a test today, but until we find out
for sure, we can't tell anybody."

The next day, a guy from the electric company rings the
doorbell, because the young couple haven't paid their last bill:

"Are you Mrs. Smith? You're a month overdue, you know!"
"How do YOU know?" stammers the young woman.

"Well, ma'am, it's in our files!" says the man from the
electric company.
"What are you saying? It's in your files?????"

"Absolutely."
"Well, let me talk to my husband about this tonight.

That night, she tells her husband about the visit, and he,
mad as a bull, rushes to the electric company office the
first thing the next morning.

"What's going on here? You have it on file that my wife is
a month overdue? What business is that of yours?"

"Just calm down," says the clerk, "it's nothing serious.
All you have to do is pay us."

"PAY you? and if I refuse?"

"Well, in that case, sir, we'd have no option but to cut you off."

"And what would my wife do then?"

"I don't know. I guess she'd have to use a candle."

4 comments:

  1. Hi happysurfer,

    For me its always a joy visiting your blog, I leave happier, better educated, sometimes shocked, amused and your today's ‘One Month Over Due’ with out exception had me rolling around the floor laughing. - [I am going to copy it and send it to Daughter No 2 as I know she has the same sense of humour as me - OK on that.]

    Keep up the good work.

    Regards.

    Mick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:30 AM

    Hilarious!!!
    I wonder if it really happens in real life
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mick, you are most kind.
    Please feel free to forward it to your daughter. Hope she'll enjoy it too.

    RS, ;)

    Z, perhaps not this particular instance but I'm sure there are other "wu-loong" incidents (humourous misunderstandings) in real life. Some may be too embarrassing to relate too.

    ReplyDelete