Sunday, December 10, 2006

Princess Diana


I remember almost ten years ago one morning, I couldn't believe my ears when I heard CNN reporting on the death of Princess Diana. The day was August 31, 1997. August 31 happens to be Malaysia's Independence Day. Normally I would be watching the live telecast of the National Day Parade but on that fateful day, I was glued to CNN for updates. It was a sad day for many people, me included. There were many theories as to her death.

According to The Star, a long-awaited British police report into Princess Diana's death due this week could finally lay to rest conspiracy theories that she was murdered rather than that she died the victim of a tragic accident.
More...

5 comments:

  1. I remember that day too.. Sad day, sensational day.. And then so many people pointing fingers at so many people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Death of a celeb never fails to bring out the most imaginative theories...I believe it was a tragic accident.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And we know how believable the British police is...

    One interesting thing that came out was that US Security agencies were listening to her cell phone conversations without British intellence approval.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LB, the usual - so many theories then.

    Joe, time really flies. It's been almost a decade.

    PandaB, how interesting. High profile figures have so little privacy. Scary in a way and so sad.

    ReplyDelete