Monday, July 23, 2007

Tiger Show & Haadyai

Haadyai, a town in Southern Thailand, is a popular holiday destination for Malaysians. Those days, we could take a MAS flight there from KL but I think it has been discontinued unless the Low Cost Carriers have picked it up. These days, going by road in buses is the norm though it is also accessible by train.

I remember, there were three things that people look forward to in Haadyai. One is the cheap seafood, especially the sharkfins soup (that was before we knew about how sharks were killed for their fins). The second attraction was the shopping and lastly, important to the guys mostly, was the Tiger Show, and that's what the topic of this post is. Notice I used the past tense because I think nowadays, the priority has somewhat changed or am I mistaken?

Anyway, back to Tiger Show. Seriously, I wonder what's so interesting about these shows. You tell me. Here are some pictures.



















What were you thinking??

4 comments:

  1. The tiger in the third picture said: "Hey! I am not that fierce as you Human Being thought. I also have a lovely side, he..he..he...?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is... DISAPPOINTING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm missing the joke here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. PP, whatever it is, I wouldn't go near animals with wild instincts.

    Btw, that looks like a white tiger, doesn't it?

    KS, sorry lah. That's the best I could do. lol

    MM, let me explain. Haadyai was and perhaps still is known to be a men's paradise, if you know what I mean. A guided trip to Haadyai (especially for first-timers) will include a visit to one of those nightly (sleazy) club-shows. I remember we had to go in the backway but came out the frontdoor. It was a boring night, at least for me.

    ReplyDelete