Monday, January 21, 2008

Blue Skies and All Things Nice & KLCC Petronas Twin Towers

A lady colleague (who's from the States) was saying she wished she needn't have to come into the office today. She exclaimed, "I mean, look at the glorious weather outside!"

I have to agree with her. The weather is simply fabulous today and we haven't had this weather for a long, long time. The sun is up early and the sky is blue or mostly. I thought I'd show you a picture just to bring you a little warmth, those of you who are up north in Winter.



Oh dear! KL is polluted.

Talk about KL, I was at a hotel in the KLCC area and took these pictures. The one below is from the Club Lounge looking down on the roof of KLCC Suria, the shopping mall. I've always been fascinated by the colorful mosaics there. Quite a piece of artwork.



Here's another picture of the mosaic roof. That body of water on the right is a wading pool and is open to the public. Beyond that is the KLCC Park (the following picture) and from the little cafe of the bookshop, Kinokuniya, the view is spectacular. Starbucks is on the groundfloor, I think.



Here's the picture of the KLCC Park. It's a sprawling park with jogging tracks and all. Apologies, the picture's not very sharp. Wobbly legs and shaky hands at that height. lol


Many people have been awed by the sight of the Petronas Twin Towers. To tell you the truth, each time I pass by them, I get this feeling too. For me, the best angle is from near the traffic lights, opposite where the Public Bank building is. The towers are best viewed at night when they are lit. By the way, if you happen to be there (at the vicinity of the Public Bank building), you'd also be next to the building where Altantuya was last seen alive. Yeah, that's right. A little trivia for you.

Here's a picture I took from the ground. That's the moon on the left.



Well, that's all I have.

Have a great week ahead, y'all!

3 comments:

  1. I've never been up KLCC... *sigh* so thanks for showing some of the views...

    It was all foggy here this morning. Couldn't see very far ahead..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. It must be awesome to be a bird. Hang-gliding would be next best.

    It must have been cold this morning then. I remember one time we were outside at the carpark in Gentings about five in the morning, it was foggy and VERY COLD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:55 PM

    I love the mosaic tile design. Very interesting. If I am not mistaken, we could see the pattern from the outside-smoking area of Starbucks at KLCC? Or was the view overlooking to the garden? I love every bit of the building. My type of place. :) And I adore the art gallery at the top floor. I could spend all day there.

    ReplyDelete