Sunday, May 18, 2008

That Cute Little Smart Car


I've been missing something lately on the way to work. Radio is on perfect, right down to the station with the two clownish deejays; traffic is the same, congested; sometimes cranes fly overhead; no traffic policeman in sight - which makes traffic smoother. Oops! Yet, there is something distinctly missing.

Got it! I miss that cute little red-and-grey car, the one that looks like a giant training sneaker. Yeah! It's that Smart car. We used to pass each other every morning on my way to work. I kinda like its look. Cute! The lady who drives it looks sweet too and I think she's conscious of her car attracting second, even third glances. Somehow you can tell.

There aren't many of these cars on the road here though. I wonder why. Could it be the price vis-a-vis its size? Or is it the smallness of it that gives the impression that it's not a safe car? If the latter is the reason, I think there is nothing to worry about as studies show that this tiny Smart car built-for-two scores big on safety. This pint-size, 8-foot 8-inch-long vehicle, the smallest car for sale in the U.S. market, has earned top scores in crash tests conducted by the insurance industry.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:24 PM

    I love it. I finally got to get rid of the car I am driving now soon, before moving to the Philippines. After this, I will only get small cars. Big cars are fancy and all, but doesn't worth the fossil fuel they are burning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to look at......... .... ... ..... ..... it's cute.... ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, yeah, you read my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andie, so you'd be moving to The Philippines soon? Wow! Excited?

    LB, yeah, but not what you are looking for, eh? What's with the Fiat 500?

    LB, scary, huh? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have I mentioned how much I like my hybrid electric bicycle lately? (as oil goes through $135/barrel)

    ReplyDelete
  6. PandaB, I think that's a really cool piece of machinery - energy-saving both counts, oil and cyclist energy. LOL!!

    This $135/barrel mark is scary and I think we haven't seen the cap yet.

    ReplyDelete