Sunday, June 8, 2008

Differences between women's and men's brains are very real

Interesting article here about the differences between men and women. No, we are not talking about who is superior but merely appreciating the differences.

Start with why women prefer to talk about their feelings, while men prefer to meditate on sex.

"Women have an eight-lane superhighway for processing emotion, while men have a small country road". Men, however, "have O'Hare Airport as a hub for processing thoughts about sex, where women have the airfield nearby that lands small and private planes."

"Connecting through talking activates the pleasure centers in a girl's brain. We're not talking about a small amount of pleasure. This is huge. It's a major dopamine and oxytocin rush, which is the biggest, fattest neurological reward you can get outside of an orgasm."

3 comments:

  1. But we don't get too distracted at Duty Free...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:44 PM

    Sometimes I really really really don't feel like talking when he is yapping away blissfully..

    Hmm.. does it mean I am part man and he is part woman? Funny ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah-yes! Naturally, you, are from Mars, my good man.

    Andie, the first sentence makes me laugh. I was thinking, "Geez! Isn't that supposed to be a woman's role?" - the yapping part, I mean.

    And I cracked up again at your second sentence.

    Seems to me you have the best of both worlds, so enjoy them. Even treasure the moments.

    ReplyDelete