Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sinks need not be boring

Have you come across those multi-coloured eggs that are on sale at those trinket stalls run by foreigners? I have always been fascinated by them, their multi colours and how cute and pretty they look.

I always thought they were made from marble until I found out later that they are made from onyx. Onxy is a stone with multple uses. They can be used to make vessel sinks and they can truly turn out to be rather pretty just like the ones shown here.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:03 PM

    I can't tell you how much I love out-of-this world sinks and toilet decorations. That explains my obsessive character towards toilet and everything related to it.

    In Indonesia, more and more people starting to use vintage and antique bowls made from old ceramic clay pots and brass. They are very exotic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The left one looks like a bowl...

    ReplyDelete
  3. now our toilets have flat slanted sinks too :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andie, brass sink bowls? Nice.

    KS, it does, doesn't it? Don't you just love the grain of it?

    Mockingbird, yeah, I have seen these of late in KL too - the newer premises. Takes some getting used to though.

    ReplyDelete