Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Almost Homeless











CNN recently carried a touching story of an ex-executive seeking employment. He is wearing an "Almost homeless," sign. It also says, "Looking for employment. Very experienced operations and administration manager."

Wearing a suit and tie under the sign, Paul Nawrocki recently was laid off after 36 years in the toy industry. He stands on Manhattan corners for hours, hoping to pass resumes to interested passers-by. He said he is beyond the point where he cares about humiliation.

His wife is partially disabled and on 15 medications, his daughter has student loans, and he's running out of money. Times are really so hard that there are no jobs in business available.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Poor soul! I really, really hope he can find a job asap! That's when the importance of 2nd or 3rd income comes in. =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:06 AM

    I hope this man finds a job...it takes a great deal of losing one's pride to do this. I don't think I can do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. T, yeah, I hope so too.

    MBL, so sad, isn't it? I cried when I read this.

    ReplyDelete