Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Guitarists Have So Much More Fun!

A visiting colleague from the US asked me something that I never knew exists in Malaysia. Showing me an address on his notebook, he asked for directions to a luthier he met several months ago.

I know..what is a luthier?
According to the online Dictionary that I use, a luthier is a craftsman who makes stringed instruments (as lutes or guitars or violins).

The luthier in question here makes guitars or rather he owns an outfit that makes guitars. How cool is that?! I truly never knew such a craft exists in Kuala Lumpur. Managed to hook them up and the colleague made a visit. I never did find out any further nor took note of the contact details. Sorry.

And back to guitars, here are some guitars that are, according to the site, coolest, ugliest, most badass, silliest, sickest and most epic failing-est guitars in the world.

Of course, it's all subjective. Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.





















..and more guitars here.. and if you are in music-making, this is one site you may want to explore. Yes, you, MM.

6 comments:

  1. Wah so creative, but the MTV guitar seems a bit hard to hold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:17 PM

    I like the scissor-ed one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is:

    C O O L !

    Thanks for the reference! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many designs of guitars! Tried to learn the guitar last time - too bad did not work out due to time constraint. Needs practice, but the hardest instrument I've ever played is the violin. It's really tough, at least for me : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute,

    the scissors one, hmmm.. i cant imagaine how i will look when i am playing it.

    hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. JL, I agree. It may be creative but not quite that practical.

    MT, two guitars for the price of one, eh?

    MM, yeah, Cool! You are welcome. When it comes to music, believe it or not, you do come to mind.

    Foong, I tried learning the guitar too but fingernails got in the way. I know, lame excuse. LOL!

    Robin, do you play the guitar?

    ReplyDelete