Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday Frolics - The Poppy Test

This week's quiz is about the Poppy flower.

According to the Wikipedia:

Poppies have long been used as a symbol of sleep, peace, and death: Sleep because of the opium extracted from them, and death because of the common blood-red color of the red poppy in particular. In Greek and Roman myths, poppies were used as offerings to the dead. Poppies used as emblems on tombstones symbolize eternal sleep.

A second interpretation of poppies in Classical mythology is that the bright scarlet colour signifies a promise of resurrection after death.


Pick the poppy that appeals to you most, and see what it says about you. Mine says I am protective.



You Are Protective

You're a fighter, but you pick your battles extremely carefully. You have a long fuse.

You know a lot in this world isn't worth getting worked up about, but some battles do need to be fought.


You are quite protective of your family and friends. You'll step up and fight to defend them.

You may seem quiet and still on the outside - but on the inside you are always ready and prepared.

5 comments:

  1. i chose this and it says i am CALM..

    I am quiet, contemplative, and thoughtful. I step back and observe the world. I am a very literate person. It's like that I read off and on throughout the day. I sometimes find it hard to be expressive when I'm put in the spot. I tend to be caught up in my own head. While I have well thought out ideas, I may seem a bit ambiguous if I ain't given time to sort them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, am blog-walking from SK's. I am the ACTIVE one. The title doesn't suit me, but the description does. I'm not active, but the 2nd part of the description is very true about me. So... Yep, I guess it's kinda accurate, tee hee...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Princess Ribbon, so it is accurate for you huh? Good to know. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Bananaz is Blessed..quite true tQ

    You are a naturally grateful person. You believe it's important to be thankful for whatever you have.
    You've gained the most by traveling down your own path in life. You are a naturally spiritual person.

    You are your own best teacher. You try to figure out what you need and then give it to yourself.
    On a good day, you really shine. Luckily, most of your days are good days.

    ReplyDelete